St Lucia has been offering citizenship to trustworthy investors since 2015. It is one of the six least expensive citizenship programmes in the world.
The investor makes a non-refundable contribution to a state fund, buys government bonds or participates in a real estate project. The investor can also open a business in an area of strategic importance to the country’s economy.
The most popular investment options are a non-refundable fund contribution and real estate purchase.
Investments in government bonds and infrastructures like hotels, marinas and resort complexes are refundable. They can be returned in 5−7 years.
Investments in real estate stand out because the investor can receive rental income of 2 to 5% per annum during the ownership period.
Investors' family members can get Saint Lucia passports by investment, too. Obtaining St Lucia investment citizenship takes 2 to 6 months and is confidential. The investor’s presence isn’t required before or after getting the passport.
7 main benefits of the St Lucia programme
Low investment threshold
Foreigners can invest in the country’s economy at least $ 100,000 and get St Lucia passports.
Fast processing time
Obtaining St Lucia economic citizenship takes 3 to 4 months.
Visa-free entry to 147 countries
The St Lucia passport gives freedom to travel around the world. Investors and their family members can visit 117 countries without visas, and 30 more states allow St Lucia citizens to get visas on arrival.
St Lucia citizens can apply for a 10-year visitor visa to the USA at the nearest consulate and get it in 2 weeks.
Investors' children can get an education in the UK on preferential terms.
European bank accounts
The Saint Lucia passport by investment makes opening an account with European banks easier. Such accounts help investors take out loans, keep money on deposits and carry out simple currency transactions.
The St Lucia taxation regime may benefit residents as income and capital received outside the country are not taxed. Besides, St Lucia doesn’t have taxes on wealth, inheritance and capital gains.
In St Lucia, taxes are paid for doing business within the country. The purchase of real estate and land is also taxed. However, no land ownership licence fee is payable on real estate purchases under the citizenship programme.
Tax rates in St Lucia:
- up to 30% — on the income of companies earned in the country;
- 2.5 to 5% — property transfer tax;
- 0.25 to 0.4% — real estate tax.
St Lucia offers investors to buy shares in tourism real estate projects. During ownership, the investor can earn a rental income of 2 to 5% per annum. The property can be sold at a profit in 5 years.
Besides real estate, investors purchase government bonds that can be fully redeemed in 5−7 years. The bond yield is 3 to 5% per annum.
Get maximum information
about the process
- Step-by-step procedure
- Requirements for applicants
- Necessary documents
- Answers to frequently asked questions
Who gets St Lucia citizenship
- Over 18 years old
- Without criminal records
- Without visa refusals
- With legal income
- Has passed Due Diligence
- Financially dependent on the investor
- Over 55 years old
- Financially dependent on the investor
- Under 18 years old
- With parental consent
- Unmarried and have no children
Investment options and requirements for obtaining St Lucia citizenship
A non-refundable contribution goes to the National Economic Fund. The funds are used for healthcare, alternative energy, education, and infrastructure.
In addition to a contribution, an investor pays for documentation, Due Diligence services, and the associated fees. The total cost of obtaining St Lucia investment citizenship depends on the number and age of family members.
Investments in the St Lucia state fund, including fees
|Contribution to the National
$ 100,000 — for an investor
$ 140,000 — for a married couple
$ 150,000 — for a family of up to 4 people
$ 15,000 — per child under 21 if a family includes more than 4 people
$ 25,000 — per child under 30, parent, or sibling
$ 7,500 — for an investor
$ 5,000 — for other family members over 16
$ 2,000 — for an investor
$ 1,000 — per additional applicant
Purchase of government bonds
Until the end of 2021, the St Lucia CBI programme offers investors to buy government bonds at half a price.
The purchase of government bonds can be a profitable investment regardless of the number of programme participants:
- Investments in government bonds start at $ 250,000.
- Bonds can be fully redeemed at the end of the holding period in 5−7 years. The yield on government bonds is 3 to 5% per annum.
- There is a bonus: the application fee is not charged when purchasing bonds.
Another benefit is that investors can transfer money within 60 days after approval. The fixed amount of the administrative fee for bond purchases is $ 30,000.
The offer is time-limited and valid until 2023. After that, the minimum investment amount in government bonds will be $ 500,000.
Investments must go into a government-approved business project. The programme participant can invest in restaurants, cruise ports and marinas, bridges, roads, pharmaceuticals, and research facilities. The investor needs to create 3 jobs on the island.
Examples of investment properties
in Saint Lucia
Serviced apartments in a luxury hotel by the ocean
The project is an all-inclusive luxury hotel in the southeastern coastal region of St Lucia surrounded by mountains, abundant greenery and the Atlantic Ocean.
The complex has first-class entertainment facilities, restaurants, bars, a conference centre, theatres, a spa centre, a kids club, and entertainment areas. It also includes 380 serviced apartments available for purchase.
Expenses on obtaining citizenship for a family of 4 people
|Expenses||Fund contribution||Real estate purchase|
calculation for St Lucia
Get an individual calculation for your family with all
associated costs and government fees
6 steps to obtaining St Lucia citizenship by investment
Choosing a licensed agent
The licensed programme agent, Immigrant Invest, submits documents for St Lucia citizenship on the investor’s behalf.
Immigrant Invest has a Compliance Department, which confidentially checks the applicant against international legal and business information databases.
Preliminary Due Diligence
A certified Compliance Anti Money Laundering Officer reviews investors' documents and warns of possible risks.
If any issues are revealed during the review process, and these issues may cause the investor’s application to be rejected, the licensed agent will offer other citizenship by investment programmes.
This approach reduces the rejection risk under the CBI programme to 1%.
Entering into an agreement
If the preliminary Due Diligence check is successful, a cooperation agreement is signed with Immigrant Invest, a licensed agent of the St Lucia citizenship by investment programme.
Immigrant Invest collects documents for citizenship application, translates and apostilles them, and fills in government forms.
Due Diligence by the St Lucia CBI Unit
The process begins when the citizenship application documents are submitted and, by law, takes between 3 and 4 months. The Due Diligence check takes place remotely, and the investor doesn’t need to be present.
Receiving citizenship documents
The St Lucia passport and naturalisation certificate can be picked up at an Immigrant Invest office or delivered by courier to an address convenient to the investor.
Frequently asked questions
The St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme is one of the least expensive in the world. It was launched in 2015 and quickly became popular among investors.
- Low cost: the minimum investment amount is $ 100,000.
- Fast processing time. The investor gets a passport in at least 3 months.
- Convenient service. The citizenship obtaining procedure is confidential and remote. Immigrant Invest, a licensed agent of the St Lucia CBI programme, handles all documents and negotiations.
- Freely visit 147 countries. St Lucia citizens don’t need visas to enter the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Schengen, or EU countries.
- Get a visitor visa to the USA for 10 years.
- Educate your children in the UK on favourable terms.
- Quickly open an account with a European bank to take out loans, keep money on deposits and carry out foreign exchange transactions.
- Optimise your taxes. The St Lucia tax system may be advantageous because income and capital received outside the country are not taxed. There are also no taxes on wealth, inheritance and capital gains.
Yes, as the St Lucia passport can be the second or the third one. The country allows its citizens to hold several passports. Therefore, an investor doesn’t give up their previous citizenship when obtaining a passport of St Lucia.
The St Lucia citizenship obtaining process takes 3 to 4 months. All stages are remote and confidential.
- Choosing a licensed agent — Immigrant Invest. Investors cannot submit documents for citizenship themselves. Therefore, it is necessary to contact an agent who will represent their interests.
- Preliminary Due Diligence. Immigrant Invest checks investors' information against international legal databases, warns about risks and suggests other programmes, if necessary.
- Concluding an agreement with Immigrant Invest.
- Preparation of documents. Immigrant Invest collects documents, translates and apostilles them and fills necessary forms.
- Due Diligence by the St Lucia CBI authorities lasts 3 to 4 months and takes place remotely.
- Receiving citizenship documents. Immigrant Invest collects the documents from the CBI Unit. The investor can pick up documents at our office or order delivery to a convenient address.
The St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme has four investment options. Programme participants:
- Contribute to the National Economic Fund at least $ 100,000. The option is non-refundable.
- Purchase of real estate for at least $ 300,000. It is impossible to purchase any real estate; the St Lucia Government approves programme properties. The investments can be returned in 5 years.
- Buy government bonds for $ 250,000, which is half the price. The offer is valid until the end of 2021. After that, the standard investment amount of $ 500,000 will take effect. The bonds must be held for 5−7 years, depending on the number of applicants.
- Invest at least $ 3.5 million in a local business.
Besides investing, the applicant pays state, administrative, and Due Diligence fees. They also pay for document preparation. The total citizenship cost depends on all applicants' family composition and age.
Investors purchase shares in government-approved facilities like hotels and resort complexes. After 5 years, they can sell investment properties and return most of the spent money.
Investors choose local business projects. They invest in ports, marinas, road maintenance companies, restaurants, agricultural businesses, pharmaceutical companies, and research institutes.
Yes, it is. Investors who buy real estate or bonds can sell the asset in 5−7 years. During ownership, the property can be rented out and bring an income of 2 to 5% per annum.
Investors must be over 18 years old and have no criminal records. They also pass Due Diligence and prove the legitimacy of their income sources. Additionally, investors shouldn’t have visa refusals.